Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Dreams Realized

Last night, in my dream, I saw a plane crash. When I woke up this morning I checked on the internet news to see if there was a plane crash and there it was, a commuter plane crashed somewhere in Missouri. I remember feeling devastated in my dream, as if I knew someone on that plane. Fortunately, I don't have to experience their pain. I hate when dreams resemble so closely everyday disasters. I wish my dreams were more like fantasies than realities. I could close my eyes and ease into a world where turqoise water lapped at my feet as I held hands with my husband. We would watch our children build sandcastles that were impervious to the tide. We would live in a place where the only thing we needed to shelter them from was the sun. We would pull down palm fronds and build a hut where we would fall asleep while listening to the cadence of the ocean.

With all my love.

No comments: